- Published on Thursday, 13 December 2012 16:18
JotCache was developed in last three years as advanced solution for page caching in Joomla framework. This solution replaces standard System-Cache plugin and it usually works along enabled Global Cache Settings. JotCache consists from JotCache component allowing cache management and JotCache plugin.
New features of ver.3.0
- Fast-changing dynamic modules on the cached web page can be refreshed with actual content during each user access. To the existing tagging of module positions on site template in the new version was added possibility to manage caching exclusion of template positions without changing the code of site template. All assigned template positions will be refreshed during each user access to cached web page.
- Possibility to select site URL requests which will force browser caching (locally on user side)
- In the management view was added listing and filtering of cached pages based on page URI.
and all major features from oldier versions of JotCache
- Cache management with faster opening on larger web sites. The cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files).
- Exclusion of selected pages from page caching based on component, view and URL query parameters.
- Plugin functions for more powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity.
- Possibility to set different page caches based on user browser type. Standard options allows to have different caches for Internet Explorer browsers - IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9. All other browser types are using common page cache. When used template system has separate templates for mobile phones then here is possibility to exclude mobile users from page caching.
- Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache Plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
- Possibility for site administrator to clean the page cache only for selected pages. It is possible to see the actual cached pages linked to used component and view.
- Fast check of cache operation on live site without disturbing other users. For easier overview of cache mechanism on frontend pages administrator can mark his/her browser access with specific cookie allowing later to display marked page and excluded template positions / module content solely to administrator.
- Next >>