JotCache pre-release download
Extension downloads in this category are available for testing and proving of new JotCache features. Generally is not recommended to use these extensions on live sites.
5.0.0 Included new features :
- Multisite operation
- Use of memcached (server) as cache storage
- Extended URL caching rules (include/exclude general mode, using logical AND in rule expressions)
- Cache Operation Modes (previous Browser Split) with possibility for each browser category (incl. phones, tablets) to select own operation mode - exclude from caching, use common cache (for different browser categories) or use individual cache
More informations in JotCache 5.0 Help.
- Release notes
JotCache 5.0.RC2 is coming two weeks after first release candidate version was published. During this time period some problems occurs on test sites (see dedicated Forum section) which now in JotCache 5.0.RC2 evoke code and operation changes :
1. better recognition of visitor browsers. Two new browser types were added - IE11 and Other Desktops. Other Desktops covers not so often used browsers (mostly implemented on Linux). Any of browser types available in JotCache plugin Edit can be assigned to one of 3 working states - exclude, common cache, individual cache. When all browser types are excluded then no page caching is performed. In oldier JotCache versions content request from not-recognized browser types were cached, but in this new JotCache version such requests are processed without caching.
2. changed processing of frontend messages. Due to unsufficient access rights in JotCache plugin internal code the frontend message on cached page could lead to page crash.
3. better security protection.
Thanks to all member of community which sent their remarks to JotCache 5.0.RC.