JotCache is advanced solution for page caching in Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 framework. JotCache consists from JotCache Plugin and JotCache Component.
New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
- Cache management with very fast opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
- Exclusion of selected pages from page caching based on component, view and page URI
- Plugin functions for powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity and browser caching.
- Common installer for one-step installation of JotCache component and plugin in upgrade mode
- Possibility to set different page caches based on user browser type amd/or type of mobile devices (tablet, phone).
- Fast-changing dynamic modules on the web page can be refreshed with actual content during each user access. You can mark the module positions with fast changeable content in site template and these position will be refreshed during each user access to related web page. The rest of page will be taken from cached content as usual by standart plugin System - Cache.
- Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
- Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages. With accompanied JotCache Component here it is possible to see the actual cached pages linked to used component and view. You can delete the selected cached pages (marked in component list view) leaving the rest of cached pages intact.
JotEasyCron plugin is additional plugin to JotCache extension which provides convinient solution for external cron jobs provided by EasyCron service.
JotEasyCron plugin is close tight to other parts of JotCache especially :
JotCache component - which includes recacherunner with option to log recache process
Jotcacheplugins-Recache plugin - which performs dedicated recache processing