JotCache is advanced solution for page caching in Joomla 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 framework. JotCache consists from JotCache Plugin and JotCache Component.
New combination of system plugin and management component covers tailored processing in JotCache for all types of extensions : static nad dynamic modules as well as components with static content and dynamic forms. Extended marking of cached content allows fast checking of cache operation in frontend and backend (feature for easy selecting of cached pages which needs cache reset).
JotCache Plugin is extended replacement of standart System-Cache plugin with following enhancements :
- Cache management with very fast opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
- Exclusion of selected pages from page caching based on component, view and page URI
- Plugin functions for powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity and browser caching.
- Common installer for one-step installation of JotCache component and plugin in upgrade mode
- Possibility to set different page caches based on user browser type amd/or type of mobile devices (tablet, phone).
- Fast-changing dynamic modules on the web page can be refreshed with actual content during each user access. You can mark the module positions with fast changeable content in site template and these position will be refreshed during each user access to related web page. The rest of page will be taken from cached content as usual by standart plugin System - Cache.
- Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
- Possibility to clear the cache only for selected pages. With accompanied JotCache Component here it is possible to see the actual cached pages linked to used component and view. You can delete the selected cached pages (marked in component list view) leaving the rest of cached pages intact.
JotCache ver.4.0 is available only for Joomla 2.5. For Joomla 3.x use JotCache ver.3.1.4.
New features of ver.4.x
Recache operations :
Batch recaching of frontend pages based on :
information stored in database from previous page caching activity
site crawling started with site homepage to other linked pages up to given depth level
Manual recache of marked files for users with JotCache recache rights (permission setting necessary). In this working mode authorized user can start on frontend pages the recache of viewed page and see immediatelly the results.
All recache operations are performed without disturbing of active users on the site. Long batch operations give indication about number of processed pages. It is also possible to stop recaching in any time after the start.
Batch recaching can be also processed as cron job with selected setting possibilities
Administrator JotCache Management view has indications about state of global cache, overall cache cleaning and JotCache plugin with fast access buttons to open related administrator pages.
- Release notes
- major refactoring of existing features and adding new possibilities for caching/recaching of the site content
- manual recache of marked files for users with JotCache recache rights (permission setting necessary). In this working mode authorized user can start on frontend pages the recache of viewed page and see immediatelly the results.
- batch recache of all or selected pages from Joomla backend with two basic modii :
- all recache operations are performed without disturbing of active users on the site. Long batch operations give indication about number of processed pages and it is also possible to stop recaching in any time after the start.
- recaching of existent (already) cached pages (can be processed also oldier expired pages)
- web crawling on the site with given depth of levels under site root
- batch recache can be also processed as cron job with different setting possibilities
JotCache ver.3.2 is available only for Joomla 2.5. For Joomla 3.x use JotCache ver.3.1.4.
In JotCache 3.2 are included all proven main features from previous versions as the exclusion of selected pages and modules from caching, separate cache of pages presented in different browsers, mobile and tablet devices and extended cache management.
JotCache 3.2 has redesigned module exclusion with possibility to check any individual cached page on correct processing. When upgrading from oldier versions of JotCache the transformation to the new module exclusion mechanism is performed during installation and later on-the-fly for cached pages coming from old JotCache version.
New features introduced in JotCache 3.2 are :
- cookies split is allowing separate cache storage based on cookie name/value (and related module exclusion)
- possibility to exclude bots (crawlers) requests from caching (can be also helpfull when on site are different frontend presentations for users and bots)
- removing of expired cached items is no more performed during opening of management view but only when running Refresh function (necessary for large sites to start work immediatelly with management functions)
- possibility to present HTML content of any cached page for JotCache adjustment purposes (debug) with configuration parameter 'Show file hash' enabled
- possibility of fast delete of selected cached pages without any further confirmation
- Release notes
This JotCache version has extended feature Browser Split with new selections for mobile device user access. For each group of mobile devices (phone, tablet) is created own cache space and cached pages are not intermixed with desktop layout pages or other presentations depending on browser type.
Additional informations you can find in Mobile devices recognition in JotCache 3.1.
- Release notes
For administrators using JotCache 3.0.2 is recommended to upgrade to this new version in case when on the site are used different frontend layouts for users with mobile device access.