Pages dedicated to open source web programming with presentation of own JotComponents extensions to community driven CMS (Content Management System) with strong focus on Joomla framework. Entire scope of activities covers Joomla / Drupal / PHP / Development Tools (IDE NetBeans, CVS/SVN/Git version systems, ANT based build automation, database and backup tools).
JotCache is advanced solution for page caching in Joomla framework. This solution replaces standard System-Cache plugin and it usually works along enabled Global Cache Settings. JotCache consists from JotCache component allowing cache management and JotCache plugin performing :
features of ver.2.0
- Reworked cache management with faster opening on larger web sites – the cached files are presented with cached page titles and links, added more informations about cached page (browser type, language, non-routed query string), implemented items ordering, changed information about date/time of caching (incl. indication of expired or no more existing cache files)
- Reworked exclusion of selected pages from page caching
- Reworked plugin functions for more powerfull autoclean (garbage collection) activity and browser caching.
- New common installer for one-step installation of JotCache component and plugin in upgrade mode
and all major features from oldier versions of JotCache
- Possibility to set different page caches based on user browser type. Standard options allows to have different caches for Internet Explorer browsers - IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9. All other browser types are using common page cache. When used template system has separate templates for mobile phones then here is possibility to exclude mobile users from page caching.
- Fast-changing modules on the web page can be refreshed with actual content during each user access. You can mark the module positions with fast changeable content in site template and these position will be refreshed during each user access to related web page. The rest parts of page will be taken from cached content as it is usual by standard plugin System - Cache.
- Cached page content can be compressed before saving into the cache. JotCache Plugin has option to compress (gzlib) cached pages before storing to the cache, therefore the web access to cached content is accelerated. Compressing function covers static (page) as well as dynamic module content.
- Possibility for site administrator to clear (to make empty) the cache only for selected pages. With accompanied JotCache Component here it is possible to see the actual cached pages linked to used component and view. You can delete the selected cached pages (marked in component list view) leaving the rest of cached pages intact. For easier finding which pages are related to changed content it is possible to mark these pages simply calling them in the frontend with mark option enabled.
- Fast check of cache operation on production site front-end without disturbing other users. For easy overview of cache mechanism on front-end pages administrator can mark his/her browser access with specific cookie allowing to display marked page and module content (in front-end) solely to administrator.
- Because some dynamic components (mostly forms) needs refresh after each change you can select which components and their specific views shall be excluded from page caching. Starting with JotCache ver.1.2 here is also possiblity to exclude from caching selected pages based on URL query parameters.
This category contains usefull tools used during web development.