TOPIC: Same article but different GET params

Same article but different GET params 20 Nov 2017 15:41 #2072

One article I have on the website is not an article actally but a list of items. This list is filtered by the GET query parameter. So the page's content should be different for different GET param values.

Jot Cache indeed does caching for each version (different GET parameter's values) of this page. However, for some reason it caches only ones the content, and for each version of this page the content is always the same, which is not as expected. I.e. the first page version is being cached, and all the consecutive versions are also cached but incorrectly - they have the same content just like the first version of the page (i.e. as the page with the GET param I used for the first time).

Seems like a Jot Cache bug?

Joomla version : 3.7
JotCache version : 5.3
site template:
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Same article but different GET params 20 Nov 2017 15:48 #2073

Please describe some examples of used URLs. Are you using Joomla SEF with .htaccess file ?

Same article but different GET params 21 Nov 2017 10:11 #2074

Ok.
Here is the issue:
I have an article with fixed url, say: "mydomain.com/list?filter=value"
It lists all the items, filtered by the "filter" GET parameter.

I'd like the page to be differently cached for various values given in the filter parameter.

I can see that Jot Cache indeed caches multiple times this page (for example /list?filter=abc, /list?filter=vwxyz, etc.) - but all these pages are cached as the /list?filter=abc if I would open /list?filter=abc as the first page. In other words, all the pages are cached as the same as the first page (in this case /list?filter=abc). So no matter what I put into filter parameter afterwards, whether it'll be /list?filter=somevalue, /list?filter=xyz, or even bare /list (without GET params), I'm getting always the /list?filter=abc version.

This is the case til I remove all the cached versions of this /list page - then Jot Cache seems to wait for another "first" page (let's say, this time, /list?filter=xyz) to cache, and all the versions of this page later will be just like /list?filter=xyz, no matter what I put into the filter param afterwards.

I also tried to exclude ths page in multiple ways, this also didn't work - though page does not appear on the Jot Cache dashboard as cached, it is still being cached somehow - because I get the "first" cached version still.

Joomla version : 3.5
JotCache version :
site template:
system plugins :

Same article but different GET params 21 Nov 2017 10:16 #2075

Unfortunetely I don't know about SEF and not sure if I use it. How can I check this?

Same article but different GET params 21 Nov 2017 11:24 #2076

Ok I checked the .httaccess file, indeed there is the SEF section there which does some rewriting.

Joomla version : 3.5
JotCache version :
site template:
system plugins :

Same article but different GET params 03 Dec 2017 18:27 #2083

Please use new JotCache version 6.1.3.
Im Joomla core code is bug which is causing wrong selection of the page selected by pagination see PR [#18965] - Tag filter in blog category with pagination selects wrong page on start of new user session
For correct operation on all pages is necessary make patch manually in file components/com_content/models/category.php (add ', false' to function call):

line 161 for Joomla 3.8.2
$value = $this->getUserStateFromRequest('com_content.category.filter.' . $itemid . '.tag', 'filter_tag', 0, 'int', false);
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
We have 60 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 60 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents