TOPIC: Pagination issue with RSeventsPro

Pagination issue with RSeventsPro 22 Jun 2015 20:44 #1390

Hi,

when using Jotcache with RSEventsPro pagination is not working (correctly.) For example: having 45 events within one category, the first 20 events presented on the page are from this category when clicking on ‚show next‘ the next 20 events are from all categories and so on… Without Jotchache and with Joomla caching enabled all things went fine ?!?! Bug? Feature? My Mistake?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : latest
site template:
system plugins : RSeventsPro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pagination issue with RSeventsPro 23 Jun 2015 20:44 #1394

RSEventsPro pagination seems to be using cleaning of Joomla page cache when other page is selected. Because JotCache prevents arbitrary cleaning of entire page cache the described problem occurs. The pagination using different URLs for each page (as Virtuemart) or Ajax calls are processed corectly with enabled JotCache.

Re: Pagination issue with RSeventsPro 25 Jun 2015 18:18 #1396

Thanks for your fast reply. And now??? I hoped you give me some kind of support how to make it work and not only telling me that it does not work. It seems that Jotcache isn't Joomla conform in that case so it would be nice if you could tell me what you can or will do to make it compatible with RSEventsPro which is using the Joomla standards. Jotcache is really a great component and is speeding up sites enormously. RSEventspro is also a great component for managing events and I don't want to miss one of them. So it would be a win-win-win situation ;-) if you could make Jotcache a little bit more compatible to some other Joomla conform components and not vice versa.

Re: Pagination issue with RSeventsPro 26 Jun 2015 09:36 #1397

Our try was to explain that the problem is not caused by bug in JotCache or in RSEventsPro component. Here are principal differencies in dealing with page cache and therefore it is not possible to give you advice how to adjust JotCache to work with RSEventsPro. In many cases it is possible to use other component in given category which is able to work with JotCache. Unfortunately in our knowledge base is no information about events component which is suitable for this use.
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
We have 66 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 66 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents