TOPIC: Jotcache and Mobile Site

Jotcache and Mobile Site 25 May 2015 20:35 #1378

Hi,

I am using Jotcache 5.1 and using Jtouch as my mobile site.

There has been an ongoing problem that sometime desktop will show mobile site or mobile showing desktop version. I have try browser split as well as individual cache for all browser and also tried domain filtering which I redirect mobile access to a subdomain but still sometimes it doesn't really work.This has been a issue that has existed for other as well.

I have spend hours trying to find a solution but nothing really works.

I like to ask is it possible to have an additional jotcache component and configure the code in such a way that if($ismobile) cache it with the new jotcache. And if request is from mobile get the cache file from this new cache. The old jotcache will remain for the desktop version caching?

Is it just a wild thought.

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.1
site template:
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jotcache and Mobile Site 26 May 2015 07:20 #1379

Recognition of mobile browsers is generally very difficult task because of huge amout of different devices which does not use simple and distinct identification rules.

When you like to separate pages for desktop and mobile use then you can try multisite setting of JotCache for serving cached pages from two or more site subdomains.

Re: Jotcache and Mobile Site 26 May 2015 12:45 #1380

Hi Thanks replying.

I did try multisite but it didnt really work well because if the first page access is from mobile then the cache will be mobile. This will cause desktop to show mobile site. Its seems to be a hardnut to crack.

Not sure how can I correctly do it.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
We have 116 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 116 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents