TOPIC: Using JotCache with RokSprocket from Rockettheme

Using JotCache with RokSprocket from Rockettheme 09 Jul 2014 12:35 #917

Hi,

fist of all, thanks for the extension! I'm not sure whether I can get it to work on my sites, but if I can, it'll definitely be a great help.

We just went live with three Joomla websites for 5 schools. They have frequently updated content and multiple frontend users that update the content. The reason for installing this components, is that users are complaining that changes they make aren't immediately visible. I thought I could remedy that by excluding the most updated modules from caching. For the Jevents calendar that works well, by excluding the module position. The other things that are frequently updated are articles. I've added com_content to the exclusions with category,article to exclude. I think that works.

The most important are the news items however. They are displayed on multiple pages using different RokSprocket modules. I can't find the correct modules to exclude as my url's have SEF and URL rewriting on, so I decided to exclude the module positions again. That however doesn't seem to have any effect. I haven't turned browser caching on, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I'm testing on this site: http://dev.teylingen-college.nl/duinzigt. the equivalent live site is http://www.teylingen-college.nl/duinzigt.

I hope someone can give me some pointers. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Imke

My Joomla version is 3.3.1 (not in dropdown)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using JotCache with RokSprocket from Rockettheme 28 Jul 2014 15:16 #947

Unfortunatelly RokSprocket is using own method of module presentation which does not allow to exclude RokSprocket modules from JotCache page caching.

Re: Using JotCache with RokSprocket from Rockettheme 28 Jul 2014 22:43 #949

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I had started using JotCache, but after a while the sites just stopped working. In the end we turned caching off altogether, because it just presented too many problems.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Cheers,
Imke
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds
We have 88 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 88 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents