TOPIC: Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency

Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency 24 Sep 2014 11:42 #1031

Hi.

It seems that Jotcache is not caching the modules that Joomla Adagency uses to display ads. The module shows when the page is first created, but when it is called up from cache there is no content in the module. I have tried to both exclude the module position from caching and the adagency extension itself.

I've been in touch with the programmer and he gave me this message:

"Please ask JotCache devs is there is any piece of code that I can add in adagency in order to prevent cache."

Any direction you can give me to help the adagency fellow will be greatly appreciated.

Joomla version : 3.3
JotCache version : 5.01
site template: Lexicon - (a Rockettheme template)
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency 24 Sep 2014 18:09 #1032

JotCache is Joomla page cache. Entire page content (inclusive presented modules, plugin injections, etc.) is saved as one content block into cache storage.

To prevent page caching is necessary to use URL Exclusion for selected pages. The template position exclusion (for modules) does not suppress caching of modules on selected template position but module content is tagged (marked) on cached page. When tagged cached page is retrieved from cache then JotCache calls standard Joomla
module parsing and inserts newest module content into tagged area (overwrites previous module content).

If Adagency modules are using standard Joomla (core) content buffer as well as module parsing (both can be also influenced by used template) then JotCache exclusion mechanism (as described above) can be successfully used.

Re: Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency 24 Sep 2014 19:23 #1033

Thanks! I'll pass that along and hopefully that will help.

Re: Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency 25 Sep 2014 08:25 #1034

Hi Tim,
I am Alin from iJoomla. I tried and indeed using "Exclude Location" feature it works, module stay in place.
But I want to use built in module settings, Cache=no cache so users don't have to make additional settings.
So, looking in one created cache file, I see only div code from our module:
<div class='mod_ijoomlazone' id='ijoomlazone576'>
 <div class='adg_row'><div class='adg_cell'>
    </div>
</div>
div's are empty, this mean that default module file is loaded (/modules/mod_ijoomla_adagency_zone/tmpl/default.php) but the rest of module files are not loaded/seen. Is there something that I can do to prevent this? from module code and not from cache component settings?
Thanks in advance.
Alin

Re: Jotcache and Joomla Ad Agency 25 Sep 2014 09:04 #1035

Joomla has two kinds of different cache operation. One kind is used for caching of modules, views, parts of extensions processing which is controlled by Global Cache setting and in case of modules can be also changed on module edit page. This caching can be also invalidated during module (and other mentioned code parts) processing in extension code.

Second kind of cache is page cache which represents System-Cache plugin in core Joomla and JotCache is also this type of cache. The page content stored into cache contains non-cached as well as cached (if set ON) modules which are presented on the page. Switching module caching OFF does not remove module from the cached content. But module caching HAVE TO BE disabled for correct retrieving of latest (not cached) content of the module by JotCache extension.
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds
We have 79 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 79 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents