TOPIC: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?!

My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 18 Dec 2013 23:41 #471

Hi I'm new to JotCache.

All seems to be working fairly well... but I notice every now and again when I load my site, it appears with the IP number in all the URL's instead of the registered domain.

I've never seen this prior to using JotCache - Is it something that JotCache could be causing?

Everything works fine - It's just I don't like seeing the unfriendly IP numbers instead of my domain name...

Joomla version : 3.2
JotCache version : Latest for J3.2
site template: Protostar
system plugins : Probably too many!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 17 Jan 2014 22:30 #502

Hi , im having same problem but it after few min of caching , all menu links changes to my another domain name instead the one we currently visiting for example , when i open mbax.tk its open very well but using my another domain as resources and all link within changes to my another domain name musicbax.com .
its all causing after few min of caching , and when i clean cache by admin side , then the website start showing links normaly as it should be without any mention of other domain links.
Hope i could explain the issue well enough , i love this component its a savior of my website loading time . how ever i would love to use it if there is any hope of solution .
Best regards.

Joomla version : 2.5
JotCache version : 4.0.2
site template: RT_Stratos
system plugins : using sh404sef - tz portfolio .

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 19 Feb 2014 14:31 #617

Anyone got a solution to this one? I upgraded to the awesome looking 4.1 version of JotCache yesterday - but I'm still getting this issue.

Joomla version : 3.2
JotCache version : 4.1
site template: RocketTheme
system plugins :

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 19 Feb 2014 14:43 #618

Try to set parameter $live_site in Joomla configuration.php (located in Joomla root) to your domain as $live_site = 'www.your.domain'.
Another reason can be that some component or link points to server IP adress and not to domain.

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 19 Feb 2014 14:48 #619

Thanks - Just checked that but it's already set correctly... so maybe it's your other theory. So far I've seen both the IP Address show at times and also one other domain that I have set up on my server too... (so it's not always the IP address)....

I'll report back on how frequently I see this from this point on and if I find any solution....

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 10 Sep 2015 10:49 #1458

We have the same problem on backstagemusikk.no ... After delete all cache and refresh page all is good. So I think somthing has to do with JotCache. Never seen this before.

And as our scheduled cronjobs does not work for cleaning cache and recache/crawl site there is no way to set up this in a good way. We need to manually always fix this every day by deleting cache.

Re: My site URLs periodically change to IP address?! 10 Sep 2015 11:13 #1459

That is not JotCache problem but unsufficient http filtering in your .htaccess file. I disabled JotCache and requesting 5.179.112.81/ shows your site. Try it yourself. Many-times bots are requesting site not via domain name but via IP. You have to redirect 5.179.112.81/ to backstagemusikk.no/ in .htaccess.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
We have 109 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 109 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents