TOPIC: Trying to understanding Cache Management list

Trying to understanding Cache Management list 05 May 2020 10:22 #2267

I've installed the free version of JOTCache today to give it a go. Thanks for making a free version!

In my Cache Management page are listed many urls that do not represent the current site's url.

e.g. the site is www.mysite.com,
and listed are urls such as
mail.mysite.com
anothersubdomain.mysite.comwww.mysite.com
and other weird addresses .

What are these urls and how are they collected? Is there a configuration setting available so I can isolate only the genuine urls, eg. www.mysite.com/thispage, www.mysite.com/thatpage, etc
Thanks,
Geoff

Joomla version : 3.9
JotCache version : 6.2.1
site template: JoomShaper (shaper_varsita)
system plugins : JCH,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trying to understanding Cache Management list 05 May 2020 20:47 #2268

JotCache Management View only shows real URL requests comming to your web site (you can find such requests also in site web server log). For allowing only www.mysite.com requests you must change code in root .htaccess file with blocking of unwanted URLs. How to do the setup you can find in .htaccess config documentation or Google search.

Trying to understanding Cache Management list 06 May 2020 02:13 #2269

Thanks for the reply. Many of the URLs appear to be invalid, or at least URLs that don't make sense to us as they aren't properly formatted URLs. I'm very curious to understand where they are coming from. Many begin with subdomains that are incorrect or mispelled. e.g. several links are "www.whateveriwant.mysite.com" (I'm using 'mysite' here out of respect for my client's real domain). Other subdomains (which don't exist) include 'old', 'new', 'beta', 'blog', 'www.ume.nsw.', 'eye'. When i click on these they do actually resolve to the website, but from where do these addresses originate?

Thanks for shedding any light on this.

Regards,
Geoff

Trying to understanding Cache Management list 06 May 2020 06:13 #2270

World wide web is full of different web site scrappers, bots and web site attacks. One part of the such requests is general accepted in case of Google and others but most requests are security attacks generated by any of wordwide hackers.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
We have 33 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 33 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2020 JotComponents