TOPIC: JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 29 Sep 2017 14:47 #2023

Hello,

since I upgraded Joomla to 3.8.0 I encounter some issues with JotCache 6.0.2. First, inside the JotCache component the overview list is empty. It doesn't display the list of cached pages. Already did a re-install of the component but without any success. Only the native Joomla Cache overview does display the cache content.

Another issue that I am facing is that the JotEasyCron plugin does not work. When running the Cron URL all I get is a white page - immediately. It doesn't have any run time and also doesn't do anything. Expired cache content does not get deleted.

Joomla version : 3.8
JotCache version : 6.0.2
site template: TS_Newsline
system plugins : jch-optimize, jevents, easyblog, kunena, rsseo, helix framework, admin exile, jcc-js-css control, google structured data
The administrator has disabled public write access.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 07:17 #2025

In Jotcache 6 is possible to log entire caching process with JotCache plugin feature Cache Debug Log (on tab 'Cache Operation Modes'). Set Cache Debug Log on Verbose operation and look for problematic areas which can cause the present obstacles.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 10:06 #2026

Both described problems (missing items in JotCache Management Overview, not working JotEasyCron) can be caused by using non-empty 'Path to Cache Folder' parameter in Joomla Global Configuration. Here is bug in JotCache which prevents correct operation. Until new JotCache version with bug fix will be published use only empty parameter 'Path to Cache Folder'.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 11:24 #2027

My cache path is already empty, so this is not the cause of the issue. I also enabled error logging for a while but JotCache did not generate any log files in the Joomla log folder.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 13:08 #2028

Have you JotCache plugin enabled ?

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 13:16 #2029

Yes, of course I have.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 13:31 #2030

Then some system plugin on your site performs page render exit and the JotCache plugin is not called. If you use now development site please move temporary JotCache plugin order to the top of the system plugins to see if JotCache is working.
If you on live site then it is best to perfom such test on copy of the site.

When test with top position is OK, then you can set JotCache to lower order (usually in the middle of list and again in middle of rest, etc.) up to problematic plugin (wrong designed).

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 02 Oct 2017 13:34 #2031

JotCache does work. The cache page of Joomla gets filled. System cache plugin is disabled. JotCache did work without the mentioned flaws before the Joomla 3.8.0 upgrade (cache clean cron never did though).

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 10 Oct 2017 13:47 #2033

During the website check was found that JotCache extension was wrong installed (JotCache plugin was not assigned to 'system' group). It was necessary to do complete uninstall of JotCache extension package. After new JotCache installation are all JotCache functions working inclusive cron runs with JotEasyCron extension.

JotCache 6.0.2 Joomla 3.8.0 issues 10 Oct 2017 14:17 #2034

I want to add that I did multiple re-installs that did not fix the issue. Only after the developer re-installed with a new version of JotCache it was working.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
We have 46 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 46 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents