TOPIC: EasyCron Clean operation deleting cache

EasyCron Clean operation deleting cache 14 Apr 2017 20:48 #1909

I use EasyCron for mailing operations, so thought it would work great for recaching & cleaning the JotCache files. The RECACHE function works fine.

But the CLEAN operation is deleting the entire listing of cached files as shown in the Joomla administration. Here's what I tested:

1) I deleted all the cache entries in Joomla and the actual files in the /cache/page folder on the server. I checked in PHPMyAdmin and the JotCache table was empty.
2) I recached the site to a depth of 5. The Joomla entries were repopulated, the MySQL tables were filled and new files were stored with the correct time stamp.
3) I ran the Cache Cleaner job from within EasyCron. Since I had just recached the site, there should be NO expired files. BUT - after running the Cache Cleaner, all the Joomla entries were deleted and, of course, all the MySQL entries. However, the files on the server remained intact.
4) I tried DELETE ALL from within Joomla to see if it affected the server files, but it does not. Instead DELETE ALL leaves this error message: JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolder JFolder: :delete: Could not delete folder. Path: /home/nexstep/www/www/cache/page

Running:
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 5.6.30

Joomla version : 3.6
JotCache version : 5.3.2
site template: Artisteer/custom
system plugins : DT Register, ACL Manager, AMPZ, Akeeba GeoIP, J2Store, JCE, DT Register No Cache, Regular Labs (several)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
We have 51 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 51 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents