TOPIC: Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 22 Mar 2016 14:08 #1659

Hello,

I have installed JotCache and believe it is set-up correctly, but I am having an issue when I enable Memcache. The entire home page gets broken up, no images, css or javascript gets loaded. I am running JCH Optimize and I set the JCH Optimize setting under Cache Operation Modes, but that doesn't seem to resolve the issue.

If I set the Cache Storage to file it works fine. Just curious if there is anyone out there that has run into this issue and resolved it.

Thanks,
John

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2.1
site template: JA Teline V from Joomlart
system plugins : JCH Optimize, NoNumber CDN
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 07 Apr 2016 10:26 #1697

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 12 Apr 2016 15:10 #1706

Hi,

I have this problem too (my page layout goes crazy when I choose memcache or memcached as storage) I have just installed 6.0.0.b1 but the 'cache storage' tab is missing.

My site is using Joomla 3.4.8

Thanks again for a great product!
Regards,
Tony

JotCache version : 6.0.0.b1
site template: JooSwatch
system plugins : main plugin is sobiPro

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 12 Apr 2016 16:26 #1707

In JotCache 6 is 'cache storage' tab missing by design. JotCache 6 uses exactly the same type of cache storage as you select in Global Configuration 'System' tab in group of Cache Settings. That means that all parameters on JotCache 'cache storage' tab were moved to Global Configuration.

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 12 Apr 2016 21:25 #1709

OK thanks.

With a bit of poking it turns out that I should be setting 'memcache' instead of 'memcached' since I'm using php5 (not php 7). Both jotcache 5 and 6 now work for me ! :D

It's worth noting that if I enable memcache using the standard joomla caching, my site is about 2x slower!

Please let me know if I can help you with testing jotcache 6.x. It's currently enabled on www.onlyoutstanding.com/places/restaurants if you're interested.

Cheers,
Tony

JotCache version : 6
site template: jooswatch
system plugins : sobipro

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 12 Apr 2016 22:11 #1710

actually, I spoke a bit too soon with jotcache 6. I sometimes get this error when I load the site:
Fatal error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/onlyouts/public_html/places/plugins/system/jotcache/storages/jotmemcache.php on line 133

I also see this warning in the joomla backend:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/onlyouts/public_html/places/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/memcache.php on line 301

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 13 Apr 2016 07:07 #1711

Both errors are caused by memcache indexing. The problematic code is part of Joomla core JCache storage for memcache and can be fixed only with code hack. The fix of JotCache code for memcache was done in JotCache 6 BETA2 which is available in pre-release download area.

Memcache Enabled Breaks Sites 13 Apr 2016 07:37 #1712

@Tony we have interest for testing JotCache 6. We shall contact you soon.
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
We have 76 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 76 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents