TOPIC: Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 10 Feb 2016 11:59 #1601

Hi!

For some reason I cannot get my cart position to get excluded from cache when running Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7. I get no errors.

Are you planning on releasing an compatible version ?

Also, I cannot find documentation on how to exclude by code - is that possibility no longer supported ?

Cheers,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 10 Feb 2016 16:25 #1602

Module exclusion in JotCache 5.2.1 is not working on Joomla 3.5beta site because of change in core Joomla part of module redering. The necessary change for JotCache is in development and it shall be available with final Joomla 3.5.

Exclusion by special <jot..> in template code is still possible but style assignment is necessary to derive from running code (quite difficult task) - this is the reason to not recommend using of direct inserted <jot..> tags for broaden public use.

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 10 Feb 2016 22:40 #1603

Would it be possible to try on a nightly build that already supports Joomla 3.5b if we understand the risks involved ?

Cheers

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 11 Feb 2016 10:27 #1604

Hi!

The reason for asking for a dev build is for our test site that is running with dev versions from all our component providers, we just need jotcache for it to be complete ;)

Cheers,
prokop

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 11 Feb 2016 10:29 #1605

Hi JotComponents :-)

Do you have a nightly build? We need it for Joomla 3.5 / PHP7.

We will install it on a test site first and afterwards on our production site if everything works.

All other 3'th party extensions that we use on this site support J3.5/PHP7 so we are just waiting for JotCache now :-)

We would love if you have a night build. We can fix PHP errors if there are any in the night build version :-)

Thank you for all your great work :-)

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 12 Feb 2016 08:53 #1606

Nice that you all have interest for JotCache running on Joomla 3.5. We are preparing new version of JotCache covering not only migration to J3.5 but also some maintenance fixes and new features. At present no public version with these changes is available. Please wait for related announcement. If you like to support development of JotCache then you have possibility to write positive review on JED or spend some donation.

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 17 Feb 2016 13:54 #1607

Hi :-)

I have submitted a (very positive) review now :-)

Have you thought about creating a comercial version of JotCache so you can invest more of your time in making JotCache even better? :-)

Tomorrow it the date of the release of the stabel version of Joomla 3.5. Do you plan to release your version tomorrow? JotCache is the only extension that is not yet supporting J3.5. After this we can upgrade all the websites of the clients and especially one important site.

Joomla 3.5beta and PHP7 - position exclusion not w 17 Feb 2016 16:30 #1608

Thanks for review. Please find JotCache 5.3.0 RC installation file in Pre-release Download area. Any feedback is welcome.

NOTE : According latest information from Joomla the date of releasing stable version 3.5 is set to 9th March 2016.
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds
We have 74 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 74 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents