TOPIC: Why JotCache has such a HUGE database table?

Why JotCache has such a HUGE database table? 26 Dec 2015 02:56 #1563

I installed both Akeeba Backup and JotCache on my website. When I using Akeeba Backup to make a full website backup, I noticed that the step of "backing up database" costed long time on #__jotcache table.

Then I checked my database with phpMyAdmin, and found out that the table #__jotcache is about 220 MB , but my whole database is only 380 MB.

That is terrible that JotCache has such a huge DB table!

Then my question is:

1. Why JotCache has such a huge table? What kind of data were stored there? I recall that JotCache uses Memcached to store cached content, why it needs such a big DB table?
2. Can I just truncate (empty) this #__jotcache table to make my backup package smaller?
3. Can I set Akeeba Backup to skip #__jotcache table when backing up?

Thank you.

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2
site template:
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Why JotCache has such a HUGE database table? 26 Dec 2015 10:14 #1565

Answers :
1. Why JotCache has such a huge table? What kind of data were stored there? I recall that JotCache uses Memcached to store cached content, why it needs such a big DB table?
Database table #__jotcache contains data which relates to cached pages and they are shown on Management View (Components>JotCache). When cache is empty then also database table #__jotcache is empty. With the time as JotCache is enabled all new cached pages are stored into this table. To keep small database table size enable autoclean in JotCache plugin
2. Can I just truncate (empty) this #__jotcache table to make my backup package smaller?
Yes you can truncate database table #__jotcache any time as you wish.
3. Can I set Akeeba Backup to skip #__jotcache table when backing up?
Yes do it. #__jotcache table is useless in backup content.

Why JotCache has such a HUGE database table? 26 Dec 2015 10:33 #1568

Great!

Now I know what to do in my Akeeba Backup configurations.

Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
We have 105 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 105 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents