TOPIC: recommended settings for cron, include urls etc

recommended settings for cron, include urls etc 19 Jul 2015 17:18 #1409

HEllo,

I installed jotcache but I failed to get some answers fro the manual
1) most of pages I set to 43200 cache time. So what is recommended cron job frequency?
2) If I am using cron should I set something else to disable those cron jobs on hit? I did not move cton/cron_recache script since those directory locked by ip for localhost.
3) I tried to set include list but check boxes keeps empty after save/apply/page refresh
4) if I use cron is default cache settings are completely overrided?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : latest
site template: socialize
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: recommended settings for cron, include urls etc 20 Jul 2015 07:46 #1410

JotCache package contains two different script templates for cron job operation :

A. cron.php - for page cache cleaning (removing expired cached pages from the storage)

B. cron_recache.php - for caching of pages with two different modes :

a. mode recache : for all pages which are already in cache storage (active as well as expired cached pages) is page by page refreshed latest available content. Range of refreshed pages can be narrowed by rules in cron script.

b. mode crawler : which operates as known web crawlers visiting own Joomla site page by page starting with the site homepage. In this mode is possible to set depth of page linked hierarchy to limit crawling on the site.

To your questions :

1. frequency of repeating cron runs depends on number of site pages, processing time of pages during recache and visitors load. AS the first approach you can use :

for case A. run each hour of day (you can follow result of cleaning in cleaning log of JotCache when it is enabled).

for case B. run mode recache each day once in the time when load of the site is minimal

2. use only php-cli for running of cron scripts. In such case external (remote) start of the cron job is not possible.

3. it is not clear where you set check boxes but for cron run all necessary setup data are given inside cron scripts (necessary knowledge of PHP).

4. No, cron scripts are not changing the settings given in JotCache plugin or exclusions (URL or template positions) in JotCache component. Take it as some kind of visitor which automatically calls page by page on the site (which pages are visited have to be set in cron script - valid for all cases of B.)

Re: recommended settings for cron, include urls etc 20 Jul 2015 08:05 #1411

Thank you so much for prompt reply.

I have an issue at one of my sites. Some of images are not displayed while jotcache enabled. But it is joomla 2.5.28

mbfan.ru/novosti/test-drajvy-mersedes/mersedes-bents-b-200
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
We have 39 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 39 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents