TOPIC: JotCache generates me white page as main page :(

JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 24 Feb 2015 09:05 #1232

hello,

I have very terrifying problem - on my almost complete site - on productionn domain name - time by time, as a main homepage, domain - name landing page, I am getting totally whote page. The only one method to repair this is to go to the Joomla backend and remove the cache on that specific "/" site.

How can I avoid similar situations?
Is that means, that other cached pages could behave similar? Is there any way to fastly find that situations? As I have cached lot of pages (about 1000).

Thank you for any help
best regards

Joomla version : 3.3
JotCache version : latest
site template: gavickpro
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 24 Feb 2015 09:34 #1233

It can be case when page is requested with unusual URL (net is full with nasty crawlers) or browser type which current Joomla template is not possible to process. Use time of caching blank page (shown in JotCache Management view in 'Created' column) for review of server log to see more details before and during critical request.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 24 Feb 2015 10:38 #1234

JotComponents wrote:
It can be case when page is requested with unusual URL (net is full with nasty crawlers) or browser type which current Joomla template is not possible to process. Use time of caching blank page (shown in JotCache Management view in 'Created' column) for review of server log to see more details before and during critical request.
Thank you for your reply

Wow! I also have using crawlers as I have problems with generating new cache from backend (when I set to level "3" Iam getting timeout errors :( ) Maybe you can suggest me any crawler?

But in this two occurencies of 'white page' I havent use nothing mine...

Maybe there is any autoregenerate (remove, and generate 'generic' view) of cache possible? I am using hosting account , so I have lightly limited access to server conf.

Thank you for your suggestion about logs - I will try.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 24 Feb 2015 17:23 #1235

We are using XML-Sitemaps.com crawler for bulk crawling/recache.

No autogenerate as you described is available.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 28 Feb 2015 22:09 #1253

So as I understand I have to regenrate the cahe manually as long as I havent access to CRON jobs on my server?
I have few problems with my site in last days and logs suggests that there was only one visit about this time. I am writing about but im unsure if that could be same visit - but log and JotCache script uses the same time - am I correct? There should nt be any problems with time shift?

I have visit labeled as:
i.p.a.ddress [date] "GET /catalog HTTP/1.1" 200 1378 "" "facebookexternalhit/1.1 (+http://www.facebook.com/externalhit_uatext.php)" How can i lock generating cache based on this bot? Maybe should I search for something other? Thank you ----------------- Joomla version : 3.3 JotCache version : latest site template: gavick system plugins :[code]i.p.a.ddress [date] "GET /catalog HTTP/1.1" 200 1378 "" "facebookexternalhit/1.1 (+http://www.facebook.com/externalhit_uatext.php)"

How can i lock generating cache based on this bot? Maybe should I search for something other?

Thank you

Joomla version : 3.3
JotCache version : latest
site template: gavick
system plugins :

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 01 Mar 2015 09:29 #1255

Use JotEasyCron plugin for cron job tasks.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 01 Mar 2015 11:22 #1256

JotComponents wrote:
Use JotEasyCron plugin for cron job tasks.
OK, thank you for that information, but how can I lock generating cache for nasty, bad crawlers which I found?

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 01 Mar 2015 14:52 #1257

Use some kind of web firewall.

Re: JotCache generates me white page as main page :( 01 Mar 2015 15:34 #1258

JotComponents wrote:
Use some kind of web firewall.
Hmm, are you talking about totally lock this bot? Should I disable acces for him for the whole page? I can do that by htaccess.

I am not sure if that would be good effect - that is bot from Facebook.

Best regards
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
We have 85 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 85 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents