TOPIC: Excluding a module in Warp

Excluding a module in Warp 03 Apr 2014 23:03 #740

First of all, thanks for the great component.

I will go LIVE tomorrow and appreciate your quick help..

I would like to exclude ZKunena latest module on homepage (Warp template). I excluded sidebar-b position but it didn't help.

After that I also cleared cache (both from Joomla cache and JotCache manager).

I read from documentation that for Warp its important to use "Positions exclusion on management form" method. In new JotCache version I couldn't find a way to implement that...

I could send the page details via e-mail if necessary.

Thanks a lot for help!

Hannes

Joomla version : 2.5
JotCache version : 4.1.2
site template: Arrowthemes Lighthouse (Warp)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 04 Apr 2014 08:01 #743

New Warp engine is using its own page and modules rendering different from standard Joomla processing. Modules used on Warp templates are not possible to exclude in JotCache. JotCache is using tight collaboration with standard Joomla core classes.
Generally "Positions exclusion on template" is still possible to use, but is not working because of above metioned reason.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 04 Apr 2014 09:10 #749

Hi,

thanks for answer.

So there's absolutely no way to make it work?

I tried alternative module - same issue...

Maybe to use Global Exclude? Unfortunately I don't understand, what exactly to insert there.

I would not want to give up that easily, JotCache is a great compoonent! :)

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 04 Apr 2014 09:22 #750

Unfortunately with Warp based templates is no module exclusion possible. It was analysed longer time on development test server but no workarounds exists.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 05:28 #1288

JotComponents wrote:
Unfortunately with Warp based templates is no module exclusion possible. It was analysed longer time on development test server but no workarounds exists.

This is from a year ago. What about now?

If not.. would it be possible to change the render method so it uses jdoc include or something jotcache can work with?

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 07:30 #1290

Module rendering was changed in JotCache 4.2. Try latest version for Joomla 2.5 which is JotCache 4.2.3.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 08:12 #1291

I downloaded 5.1 and I'm using joomla 3.4 Is this wrong?

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 08:19 #1292

It is OK - all version in JotCache 5 have other rendering as old 4.1 and previous versions.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 08:50 #1293

I thought it was because of the problem mentioned in this topic. But now I'm not sure. The location "headerbar" gets cached even though I've marked it to be excluded under Exclude Location. Am I overlooking something?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.1
site template: YOOtheme Warp 7 master theme
system plugins : widgetkit, zoo, zl framework, zoolanders, JCH Optimize Pro, acymailing

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 09 Mar 2015 21:38 #1294

I'm a bit confused. There's so much information on this website and there are a lot of different versions of jotcache. I like the extension a lot because it seems the easiest way to use a reliable and flexible method of using page caching with dynamic content. However, it doesn't work with modules for me at the moment. So here's a list with questions to make it easier for me to understand if I'm on the right track:

1. Does YOOtheme Warp 7 templates work with jotcache 5.1?
2. If modules don't get refreshed even though they're excluded in Exclude Location, do I need to use <jot > tags in the template or are they deprecated in Jotcache 5.1?
3. Do <jot > tags work with other tags other than <jdoc> in Jotcache 5.1?

Thank you and what a great app :D
I've tested the pageload and with jotcache the php/cached version is almost as fast as the html version. When I noticed that I really wanted it.

Re: Excluding a module in Warp 10 Mar 2015 07:28 #1295

JotCache is not usual extension of Joomla it is rather box of tools which can be applied for speed-up of the site. These tools rely on core system functions of Joomla and how Joomla is changing in the time also JotCache needs to change its interaction with core code. This phenomenon is one of major reason for "so many JotCache versions". Other influence on tools is feedback about their usage and new ideas how to do better specific task.

Especially in case of module exclusion from page caching is necessary to say that this function is quite unique for page caching solution (e.g. Vagrant has such function but each exclusion is necessary to code and difficult to setup). Module exclusion in JotCache is based on core module parsing which is also done for each recalled cached page. If module is not using core module parsing e.g. content is injected by means of plugin then no possibility is given for sucessfull module parsing of the cached page.

Information about which part of page content have to be new parsed for excluded modules is in JotCache stored direct in cached page content by means of so called jot tags. First type of tags was simply in form of HTML comments. Then more plugins and templates removed HTML comments from page content and this method was not possible to use. For simple regex search of tags were then used simple HTML tags. Again such tags were not XHTML 1.0 Strict conform and e.g. Gantry template engine removed such tags from page content. JotCache 5.0.8+ is using XHTML 1.0 Strict conform tags.

To your questions :

1. Whether Warp 7 is conform with page caching and module exclusion is question for Warp developers and users. Your own results are saying that not. Most probable reason the module content is injected into page by means of plugin. No known possibility to exclude.

2. and 3. jot tags are no more used with manual insertion into template code. All necessary work is left on JotMarker plugin and core module parsing.
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds
We have 50 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 50 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents