TOPIC: table missing - can't open component

table missing - can't open component 14 Oct 2019 06:17 #2246

Hi,
I've been having problems with Jotcache recently because it never updates my virtuemart module. When I clear cache it changes the order of the 6 items selected in the module, but always the same 6 items (out of over 200).
Then I realised that I can't even open the Jotcache component in admin, I get the message:
An error has occurred.
0 Call to a member function getLimitBox() on null

SO I downloaded Jotcache again and re-installed it, but upon installation I got a message saying that the table _jotcache was missing, indeed I can't find that table anywhere in the database. Performing the install again I don't get that message anymore but that table still doesn't exist.

What should I do then?

Joomla version : 3.9
JotCache version : 6.2
site template: gantry4
system plugins : jotmarker gantry5 logrotation contactacymailing vmLoaderPluginUpdate fields sessiongc gantry rokextender adminexile regacymailing jce cache ossystem plugin_googlemap3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

table missing - can't open component 14 Oct 2019 09:39 #2247

Well... I uninstalled it completely and re-installed it from scratch, the error disappeared. Other issues now, but that one is solved old school.

table missing - can't open component 14 Oct 2019 09:57 #2248

You did it well. If occurs (with any Joomla extension) problem with the database the best way is uninstall/install as you did it. JotCache ver.6.2.1 has thousends installations in different environments without any problem with database. You probably had some local problem.

Module recaching requires proper module exclusion from caching as described in kbase.jotcomponents.net/jotcache:help:v60j3x:exclusion but also URL exclusion is needed if module is refreshed outside of page (ajax or similar).
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
We have 22 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 22 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2020 JotComponents