TOPIC: no effect on fast site?

no effect on fast site? 05 Oct 2019 20:12 #2242

Hi, I installed and tested JotCache since it appears to have very flexible cache management.
But.. I see no improvement at all in page download speed, tested several times for example with loader.io.
The jotcache plugin is enabled and infact I see the entries in the jotcache component being stored but access is very slow.
Jotcach plugin is the last system plugin.
I am using PHP 7.3 with OPcache enabled and SSD storage so performance are already good, maybe the additional features of jotcache that requires more load and DB interaction cannot enhance a site performance like this?
thanks a lot

Giuse
The administrator has disabled public write access.

no effect on fast site? 06 Oct 2019 13:18 #2243

JotCache development strategy at first was selective caching of web pages and their parts (Joomla modules). Such target is more broaden as page caching usually implemented by other solutions. JotCache contains several additional processing blocks and tools which allow to exclude from page caching selected URLs and Joomla modules. On very fast web sites (using PHP 7.x, SSD memories) the JotCache cached pages must not show better results because of additional processing.

no effect on fast site? 06 Oct 2019 14:09 #2245

ok, what I see is that in my case of fast site the response time with JotCache and with no cache at all is almost the same. Additional processing logic and tools as you say eats away the small advantage.
Maybe a future JotCache "light" would offer flexibility but less performance penalty :)
thanks for your prompt feedback
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
We have 31 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 31 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2020 JotComponents