TOPIC: Pre cache the entire website

Pre cache the entire website 26 Apr 2018 20:26 #2155

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible with jotcache to precache the entire site during the night for example.
I want to use it to cache a webshop with it and there are 7000 products that needs to be cached.
If so. How can I activate the precache? How can I best set this up?

Joomla version : 3.8
JotCache version : latest
site template: helix
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pre cache the entire website 26 Apr 2018 21:11 #2156

JotCache has two different web crawlers which can be run by server cron jobs. The running of recache with cron is recommended for middle and
large web sites.

Total time for complete site recache depends on response time of each visited page and it can take several hours or more. If you have different pages for desktop and mobile devices (using so called browser split in JotCache) the the total recache time can be doubled against common recache run (as in case of responsive site frontend).

Basic template for cron recaching you can find in file /administrator/components/com_jotcache/cron/cron_recache.php. For proper usage it is necessary to have knowledge of PHP code, Joomla core and server cron commands. When actual total recache time is to long for good operation of the web site then it is possible (caution it is not simple task) to write recaching code which performs recaching only new/updated pages during interval between two last consecutive recache runs.

When you like to recache once in 24 hours interval (good choice for larger sites) during night then best setting is to set cache expire time 24hour + expected Total time for complete site recache + 2 hours ~ e.g. 1920 min. or so. More details you can find in JotCache Help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
We have 33 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 33 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2018 JotComponents