TOPIC: Problem with 4.2.3 download?

Problem with 4.2.3 download? 24 Feb 2015 06:27 #1231

Hi -

I'm excited to try JotCache after all I've read about it so I downloaded ver 4.2.3 tonight (I'm running Joomla! 2.5.17 so I gather that's the right version for me). I was able to upload the zip file into my extension manager and got a 'success' message but it did not appear within the regular pane. Now, I'm finding that I seem to have all of the plugins properly installed but *no* jotcache component. I checked on the server using a file manager and found a com_jotcache folder but it was empty. I tried downloading the file again and reinstalling but that didn't help. Might the zip be corrupted? Would love it if you could post a fresh version.

Thank you!!
Cheryl

Joomla version : 2.5
JotCache version : 4.2.3
site template: rockettheme/iridescent
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with 4.2.3 download? 25 Feb 2015 16:32 #1241

Try to use JotCache 4.2.3 which is working for old Joomla 2.5 versions. It is marked in Download as :

JotCache 4.2.3x (J2.5) USE ONLY FOR JOOMLA before 2.5.11

Re: Problem with 4.2.3 download? 25 Feb 2015 16:47 #1245

Thanks for your reply - sadly, that one didn't work either. Is it possible I have some sort of a permissions error? I have never had problems installing other extensions, including caching extensions (specifically, CacheControl, which I have since disabled). Any other ideas as to what might be going on? My site is now live and slow... so I'm very eager to give your tool a try!

Thank you for your help!!
Cheryl

site template: rockettheme/iridescent
system plugins :

Re: Problem with 4.2.3 download? 27 Feb 2015 05:03 #1249

Any updates on this? Any chance you could take a look at it for me? I must be missing something obvious...

Thanks,
Cheryl

site template: Rt_irisescent
system plugins :
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
We have 94 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 94 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents