General informations about JotCache extension

TOPIC: Memcache or disk?

Memcache or disk? 19 Aug 2015 11:46 #1427

I've got very different answers and suggestions while googling how to optimize cache. I have clients very interested in extreme performance. We use JotCache and saving on disk and it speeds up the website quite a bit of course (than reading from database). I keep cache for 24hours and recache every night.

Its a webshop with around 3000 visitors per day.

I see you now support Memecached, will we gain much speed by saving to memcache? and of course make sure we have enough RAM on VPS.

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.0.6
site template:
system plugins : Virtuemart
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Memcache or disk? 20 Aug 2015 14:18 #1430

It depends on server bottleneck where the most limitation occurs. Generally speaking if no crutial limitations exists (very ideal case) then using memcached storage gives shorter server response as file storage. But the differencies are not so expresive. For live site is necessary to perform tests with different setups and then to choose the best case.

Re: Memcache or disk? 21 Aug 2015 10:40 #1431

Thansk for the answer I will give it a try.

JotCache version : 5.1
site template:
system plugins :

Memcache or disk? 07 Nov 2015 08:29 #1518

I did turn off the server memcache but if I enter the global configuration of Joomla and inside the plugin jotcache do not see the option to select it, any advice?

Trans a lot

Stefano

JotCache version :
site template:
system plugins :

Memcache or disk? 07 Nov 2015 08:57 #1519

Selection option for 'memcache' is available only in case when PHP memcache function is enabled in PHP (in php.ini file and related extension file is in ext directory).
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds
We have 56 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 56 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents