TOPIC: Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory

Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory 30 Oct 2017 01:18 #2051

Hi,

I was using the cron_recache successfully for several months and then the cron function stopped working on my domain and I didn't notice for several weeks. Now my hosting company has fixed the problem and I'm able to run cron jobs. However, I now find that the cron job isn't running the recache.

Every time the cron is triggered I get the following entries in cron_log.txt:

[JotCache recache] cron script error : cannot write into /cache/page directory

If I look in plg_jotcache_debug_log.php I don't see any entries for the times when the cron job was triggered. However, if I run the jotcache recache manually, I do see entries, and there are also entries when robots visit my webpages.

I'm still using the same values for JPATH_BASE and JOTCACHE_ROOT_URL that used to work successfully.

The cron script is version 5.3.2 but I've updated Jotcache to 6.0.2. However, I couldn't see any changes in cron_recache.php between these two versions so have left it as it was.

Any idea what the problem is?

Joomla version : 3.8
JotCache version : 6.0.2
site template: Shape5 Business Pro (Vertex)
system plugins : Many plugins, including admin tools
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory 30 Oct 2017 08:30 #2053

Directory /cache/page under Joomla root on the server does not have sufficient permissions for write access. Set 0755 permission setting on both directories (/cache and then /cache/page). If you cannot do that or problem further exists ask you web site provider for right permission settings.

Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory 30 Oct 2017 16:18 #2054

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'd already checked the permissions for those directories and they were correctly set to 0755.

I've now updated to version 6.1 and also updated the recaching cron file. No difference, still getting the same error message.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory 31 Oct 2017 07:33 #2055

If you have 0755 file permissions on both directories but error still exists then most probably these directories have other owner (Linux user) as the rest of Joomla. Here is necessary to use one of these workarounds:

1. change directories owner to owner of other Joomla directories (if it is possible)

2. delete 'page' directory via FTP and leave JotCache to create page cache for any web page.

3. temporary disable JotCache system plugin, delete 'page' directory via FTP and enable system plugin Page Cache (Joomla core plugin), leave this plugin to create 'page' directory after request any web page. Finally restore initial state - disable Page Cache and enable JotCache system plugin.

But maybe upgrade to JotCache 6.1.1 (inclusive cron scripts) will be sufficient.

Error: cannot write into /cache/page directory 02 Nov 2017 15:20 #2057

Thanks for your help. It now works perfectly. What made the difference was changing usr/bin/php-5.6-cli to usr/bin/php-7.0.

Всего хорошего
Time to create page: 0.487 seconds
We have 56 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 56 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents