TOPIC: site became slow. corrupted cache?

site became slow. corrupted cache? 25 Jun 2017 01:31 #1981

My site normally loads in under 1.5 sec. I had not browsed it for some time, then one day I noticed it was taking more than 6 sec to load.

It was on cloudflare, Railgun option on. But even after disabling cloudflare, the site was still slow.

I cleaned op the cache and then it started loading again in under 1.5 sec. What could be the reason for this? How can I prevent it?

Here are screenshots from the settings I used:

Joomla cache settings:

Joomla System cache plugin must be disabled.
Cache in Global Configuration (System) : "ON - Conservative caching". Do not use selection "ON - progressive caching". This selection heavily disturbs JotCache operation.
Cache Handler: File
Cache Time : Same like Jotcache "Cache Lifetime" from above.

I can only think that I am using high numbers for Cache lifetime. But it is a website with 20-30 pages, about 800 visitors per month and almost no updates. So the pages could stay in cache indefinitely, intil I change them and I manually empty the cache.

Can you help with this issue please?

Joomla version : 3.6
JotCache version : 5.3 (I assume it is 5.3, I could not find the version number anywhere.)
site template: Purity III from Joomlart
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

site became slow. corrupted cache? 25 Jun 2017 10:31 #1982

JotCache plugin parameter "Browser caching" please set to "No".

JotCache (or any other Joomla extension) version you can see on Administrator Extensions/Manage/Manage page.

site became slow. corrupted cache? 25 Jun 2017 12:39 #1985

Hello

1) Why do you recommend turning off "browser caching"? Is it because it can easily cause problems, or did you conclude it is the cause of my specific problem? Could you give some more insight?

2) I just realised that in the Jotcache component, the "include browser cache" page is empty, it has no entries. So I was not actually using it, right?

I just checked and I am using jotcache version 5.3.2.

site became slow. corrupted cache? 25 Jun 2017 14:26 #1986

Additionally, when I tested the site through gtmetrix.com/, it also showed a delay of over 6sec. So it was not a problem on my pc/browser only.

site became slow. corrupted cache? 26 Jun 2017 09:40 #1987

Recommendation for turning "Browser caching" off is general recommendation for administrators which are not familiar with web page caching. They mostly think that switching this parameter ON can speed-up server caching but oppositely is true. For "Browser caching" ON only first request from specific page is processed by server and all following requests for such page from given browser are processed only LOCALLY in browser (no more reqests are issued to the server).

Other JotCache settings which you published here on the forum are OK. If you found sudently change of response time during enabled JotCache use then is is necessary to look on changes in site template and|or other extensions upgrade.

Hint: disable JotCache plugin and evaluate site response time for partial requests (page content,images, css and js files) to find irregularities in page loading.

site became slow. corrupted cache? 26 Jun 2017 10:17 #1988

>>>
For "Browser caching" ON only first request from specific page is processed by server and all following requests for such page from given browser are processed only LOCALLY in browser (no more reqests are issued to the server).
<<<
Yes, I understand. This was my intention. Do you have a tutorial on how exactly to set this up?

>>>
If you found sudently change of response time during enabled JotCache use then is is necessary to look on changes in site template and|or other extensions upgrade.
<<<
No I am not sure you understood the situation.

I believe I describe the situation on my first post clearly. After I emptied the joomla (jotcache) cache the situation was rectified. So I am thinking that something caused the cache to become corrupted. So I asked your help to find what could be the cause of it.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
We have 49 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 49 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents