TOPIC: Using Jotcache with Jomres component

Using Jotcache with Jomres component 07 Mar 2016 15:10 #1650

I have just installed Jotcache on my site and I want to make sure that it excludes an availability search module from being cached. I use the Jomres component which is a vacation rentals booking software. Jomres has a couple of search modules (ajax_search_composite) where users can search for available villas based on date ranges, number of bedrooms and location, etc.

These search modules are displayed in two module positions in my template (home-search and position-9). In the Jotcache component settings under the option for Exclude location I have selected both of these modules to be excluded.

However, what I am noticing is that previously entered a date ranges in the arrival and departure fields, these are now being stored. So even if I exit the website and then return to it some hours later, the same search parameters are displaying. Ideally, the search fields should all be set to blank or default settings and not be pre-populated.

Is there a further exclusion setting that I can use to stop these search modules from caching?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2.1
site template: jr_leotian (a Jomres specific template using t3)
system plugins : Jomres + JCH Optimize
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Jotcache with Jomres component 07 Mar 2016 16:48 #1651

Standard JotCache processing excludes by default the pages with form(s) posted by means of HTTP method POST as well as any AJAX requests. But if search requests are internally processed in other way then maybe necessary to find some common specific part of search request URL which can be used for exclusion of such page URL from caching.

Using Jotcache with Jomres component 07 Mar 2016 17:46 #1652

OK, I will have a look at this.

Just out of interest, in terms of the cache lifetime, If most of my content doesn't change more frequently than every couple of months, I assume that it would be safe to set the cache = 1 month (or whatever the equivalent is in seconds)?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2.1
site template: jr_leotian (a Jomres specific template using t3)
system plugins :

Using Jotcache with Jomres component 07 Mar 2016 17:55 #1653

I assume that it would be safe to set the cache = 1 month (or whatever the equivalent is in seconds)?
Yes, it is possible to set cache expiration time for 1 month as 43200 (expiration time unit is min. not sec.)
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
We have 122 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 122 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents