TOPIC: K2 Image Galleries Not Working With Jotcache

K2 Image Galleries Not Working With Jotcache 25 Feb 2016 05:17 #1634

Hi,

Since I started using Jotcache I've noticed that images in some of my K2 article galleries don't load eg. see echo.ac/toolangi.

I use a K2 image gallery called SIGpro (simple image gallery). When I load the page, it loads the K2 content properly within the K2 article, including images, but the SIGpro image gallery, loaded as a module, has boxes for the images but blank images. When I reset the cached pages on Jotcache, the images return - but then they go back to blanks a while later.

I previously excluded com_sigpro in Jotcache but this didn't solve the problem. When I exclude com_K2 the issue seems to be resolved, but my K2 articles will no longer be cached and my website is quite slow.

Is there any way to resolve this without disabling caching for K2?

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2.1
site template: Joomlart Obelisk
system plugins : K2, SIGpro (Simple Image Gallery Pro)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

K2 Image Galleries Not Working With Jotcache 25 Feb 2016 12:44 #1635

If the gallery is module which is not using any plugin for inserting images into page content then it is possible to exclude such standard module from page caching - details can you find in JotCache Help. If gallery is inserted into content by means of plugin then no other solution is possible.

K2 Image Galleries Not Working With Jotcache 26 Feb 2016 05:43 #1637

Hi, thanks. I figured it out! If the setting Clean Global Cache is set to Yes (the default) then every time a page's cache is deleted, it deletes all Sigpro images. Have set it to No and it seems to be fixed!

K2 Image Galleries Not Working With Jotcache 26 Feb 2016 05:44 #1638

Hi, thanks. I figured it out! If the component (not plugin) setting Clean Global Cache is set to Yes (the default) then every time a page's cache is deleted, it deletes all Sigpro images. Have set it to No and it seems to be fixed!
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
We have 86 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 86 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents