TOPIC: Jotcache and opcache ?

Jotcache and opcache ? 19 Oct 2015 17:32 #1494

Dear all I would have a question related to the use of Jotcache and opcache.
I run a site with Xampp installed, where Apache version is 2.4, PHP is 5.5.30 and Joomla! is 3.4.
Since Php is delivered with Php 5.5x, I managed to activate opcache in php, which is reported to be successful and used by Apache and Php.

Now I wonder how to make sure that Joomla! first, and Jotcache also, are making use of it.
Are Jotcache and php's opcache compatible, and will Jotcache leverage opcache ? Do I need to check anything in the config, to make this a sure thing ?

Thanks!!

regards AG

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : The very latest one available.
site template: www.lamilonguita.it
system plugins :
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jotcache and opcache ? 19 Oct 2015 20:23 #1495

OPCache is internal cache in PHP Zend machine used for speed-up of PHP command processing. JotCache is working also on servers with enabled OPCache. There are no overlaps between OPCache (command caching) and JotCache (web page caching). JotCache cannot leverage OPCache because of total different cached entities.

Jotcache and opcache ? 20 Oct 2015 11:23 #1496

Hi thank-you for your reply and for confirming the compatibility of JotCache and opcache.
Have a great day
Regards AG

Jotcache and opcache ? 21 Oct 2015 17:01 #1501

Hi there, sorry another little piece of this story :-)
In my providers' php.ini I saw that memcache is active, so I configured Jotcache to use "memcache" instead of "file". But then, I discovered that the memcache daemon ( = memcached) is not running :( and the provider is not willing to start it.

So, the question is: the only way left for me is to select "file" as a Jotcache parameter, or is there another way for Jotcache to leverage memcache, even if its daemon is not running ?

Thanks!

regards AG

Joomla version : 3.4
JotCache version : 5.2
site template: www.lamilonguita.it
system plugins :

Jotcache and opcache ? 21 Oct 2015 17:22 #1502

No. Selection in Joomla and JotCache for cache storage (File, Memcache,..) only reflects PHP settings and extension availability. For the operation is running daemon absolut necessary.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
We have 74 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2015 JotComponents
We have 74 guests and no members online
Copyright © 2017 JotComponents